We are tracking ten states we think may be representative - here's their
status. Note that the links at the start of each of the ten state's entries
below will take you to a state-specific page where that state's equivalent
charts and data links are to be found.
send us your updates!
- Bay Area "Shelter In Place" March 16, entire state March 23, partial lifting...
- The state's stay-at-home order started on April 1 and ended on April 30.
certain businesses through much of the state on May 4 except in the
counties of Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach. The Florida Keys will
not reopen to visitors until at least June, county commissioners said.
- Lockdown began as a "state of emergency" on March 10, and became
official on March 24, and ended May 18.
- Statewide curfew began March 16, state-wide lockdown began March 21,
and is set to end June 5.
All casinos, gyms, and movie
theaters were closed; restaurants and bars were only allowed to remain open
for delivery and takeout. On March 21, as the number of COVID-19 cases in
the state surpassed 1,000, Governor Murphy announced a statewide stay-at-home
order, requiring that all non-essential businesses be closed indefinitely
by 9 p.m. that day. No end date scheduled but green-space
was re-opened on May 2.
- "Stay-at-home" ordered March 22, expires May 28.
- "Stay At Home" order started March 22 and ends May 29.
- "Stay At Home" order started March 16 and ended April 30, reopening
slowly starting May 8, in three phases.
- Texas is as mixed up as their politics usually are: "Stay At Home" started
March 19 and ended April 30.
On May 5, they announced a reopening of certain
businesses starting May 8. Salons were allowed to open May 8, with
restrictions such as one customer per stylist and 6 feet between stations
and customers waiting. Masks are strongly recommended by not mandatory.
Gyms and exercise facilities, non-essential manufacturing and business
offices will be allowed to reopen May 18, with restrictions such as
keeping capacity at 25% and ensuring social distancing. All retail stores,
restaurants, movie theaters, malls, museums, and libraries were permitted
to reopen on Friday, May 1, but must limit their capacity to 25% of their
WA - Entered State-wide Lockdown March 23 - ends May 31.
We invite you to contact us
and tell us what you think, and ask questions - what do you want to know
that the media isn't telling you? We genuinely want to answer
all good questions if we can. There's a comment
section on our main Covid-19 page, or, you can mail
us and, if you want, you can
make a donation.